this is delicious baked in the oven pancakes. and im sure you would wonder why in the oven and not just on the stove like normal pancakes. well thats simple…
all eighteen months of this beautiful boy makes working in the kitchen a little rough..so when frying pankcakes and meat and eggs and managing a toddler something is bound to get burnt and lets just hope it is not the toddler. but with these just mix them throw them in the oven and go on about your business for thirty minutes while getting everything else ready. one less thing to do is music to my ears.
so here it is.
- 2 cups flour (self rising)
- 4 T butter
- 2 T sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (give or take) of whatever your heart desires..i picked blueberries obviously.
mix it up put it in a 8x8 pan (or round or 9x13 the possibilities are endless with this) bake on 350 for 30 minutes and there ya have it
some other things
you can bake these plain
you can bake them with any fruit you like
you can use chocolate chips
anddd i like mine straight out of the oven with butter im not huge on too sweet i like sweets but not all the time
blueberry simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups blue berries
heat and stir.
well i am starting this blog today actually. i decided i have a lot of cooking experiences and knowledge i would like to spread around. i feel like i spend 75% of my day in the kitchen and i do enjoy it (most of the time).
i live off the beaten path in tennessee so most of my cooking is the southern kind. When i say southern cooking i mean real southern food, and i also mean paula deen is the the queen of food and deserves a shrine in my home but i just havent found the time to get to it. and i warn you i will probably post a lot of her stuff on here in hopes one day she will find me and show me how she stay so pretty while standing over a hot stove. BUT ANYWAYS…i know a lot of people have trouble cooking so i think that i should share what little knowledge i have so that means ask me any question in the world and i will try and answer it.
My mother tells me all the time that she doesnt need a measuring cup and she doesnt even think her mother ever even owned one. Well i will tell you i can eye ball most things…but the first time i try a recipe i will for sure always follow the recipe so i urge you to do that same. i am a seasoning junkie so trust me when i say my recipes have plenty of seasoning.
so there it is some stuff about me.
ooo and btw
i am not an english scholar
so i apologize for bad grammar and spelling.
its just me.
well here is another canned apple recipe. We obviously have an apple tree at our house and when high winds came through we had to use the apples or lose them. so i decided to can some and cook some. I really really love apple butter so i decided it was first on my list. there are two different types of apple butter the quick canning kind or the slow cooker kind….and considering i have a toddler i do everything as quick as i can. If i could tell you how christmas would taste i would say it tastes like apple butter. the cinnamon and all spice and nutmeg and cloves all come together and taste like christmas. so if you are like me and like to can christmas presents…this would be a great one! so here it is…
2 pounds of apples peeled and chopped
3 cups of water
3 cups of sugar
3 cups packed brown sugar
1 package of powdered pectin
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
What to do:
Combine your apples and water in a large pot and bring them to a boil for 25 minutes. Once your apples are soft mash them and the sugar, brown sugar, pectin, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg. Make sure everything is mashed up like apple sauce (but you can leave it a little chunky though if thats how you like it). Then you want to bring this is a boil, now you wont get a rolling boil out of this but you want a good strong boil. once it starts boiling stir it constantly for exactly two minutes. Then poor them into your cans (i used about 11 pint size cans). of course put your lids on them then soak them in a hot bath for five minutes.
there ya have it apple butter at its finest.
This is it..Pretty isn’t it?
well this jar here was pretty simple and i am going to share it with you.
Things you will need:
7 pint size canning jars (along with flats and rings)
a canning pot
and anything else we decide you need along the way…
So here is the yummy parts…
4 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup cornstarch
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons salt
10 cups water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 drops yellow food coloring
6 pounds apples…(and i mean after they are chopped and peeled not just the whole apple)
- in a large pan, mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add salt and water and mix well. Bring to a boil and cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and food coloring.
- Sterilize canning jars, lids and rings by boiling them in a large pot of water.
- Peel, core, and slice apples. PACK the sliced apples into hot canning jars, leaving a 1/2 inch headspace. lots of apples to one jar.
- Fill jars with hot syrup, and gently remove air bubbles with a knife.
- Put lids on and process in a water bath canner for 20 minutes.
Things to remeber
- when you take these cans out of the hot water be extremely careful they are very heavy with boiling hot water in them. BUT if you have a dishwashed with a sterilize button you can do that instead of boiling your cans first and just let use the boiling water for the sealing process.
- after you take the cans out of the twenty minute hot bath put them on a towel and out of site…as they cool they will seal and this can take a while and if you are just hanging around checking the lids you will drive yourself crazyyyy and we dont want that.
- after they are completely cool and i mean like next morning cool go press the center of all your lids to make sure they are sealed of if any are up press them down and if they stay down they are sealed.
- IF THEY DO NOT SEAL USE SOON OR DISCARD DO NOT STORE UNSEALED CANS!!!!